header

9.30.2010

"I can't think about this now. I'll go crazy if I do. I'll think about it tomorrow."

Scarlett O'Hara said that line in Gone with the Wind, one of my client's favorite movies. You are wondering what that has to do with design, right?

Well, when I began working with this wonderful client she told me she wanted to include a movie poster of Gone with the Wind in her family room make over. This line reminds me of how many of my clients feel when they call me -- I can't think about decorating anymore -- help me!

I love creating rooms that reflect the owners' interests and treasures so my answer to her question, "Can we include a movie poster in the room?" was "yes!" I also think every room needs an inspiration -- and in this case it was an old movie poster with great colors.

Family room NOW
{The family room now}

When the room is complete we'll have custom built ins on the left wall, new paint, new art, new furnishings to compliment the existing sectional. The project is still in progress, but here's what we have so far.

Gone with the Wind poster USE
{The poster that inspired the room. It is framed and matted and will go over the fire place.}

Lucy USE
{Lucy, our new pink friend!}

Chloe Co C rug
{Chloe area rug in Pewter, by Company C.
This will anchor the seating area. It compliments the grey sectional and adds visual interest to the floor without competing with the bold colors in the room.}

BM WIllow Creek wall color USE
{Wall color, Willow Creek by Benjamin Moore. This is a warm and inviting grey. Perfect!}

C&B ottoman USE
{New ottoman for putting your feet up while watching TV and hanging out with family}

Stay tuned for pictures of the finished room. What inspires your decor?

Happy decorating.

2 comments:

Kathleen Ellis said...

I love Lucy! The chair and the sitcom! What a great inspiration piece for the room...the poster that is! and I love the quote...as a matter of fact...I use that sometimes!
Can't wait to see how FABulous this room looks when you're done...your client will be thrilled!
;-D Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Looks intriguing!