header

8.10.2009

decorating quiz - what's YOUR style?

I just ran across this neat decorating quiz through retailer HomeGoods, called StyleScope.

sm style scope quiz

Visit the website and take the quiz for yourself (you can also enter to win a $5,000 shopping spree!).


I took a few minutes to take the quiz and they said I'm Bohemian Classic.

"You have a refined sensibility and bring a sense of history and tradition into your decor. You appreciate how symmetrical arrangements and beautiful, well-crafted pieces create a solid foundation to a room. But you like to shake up this restraint with objects and accessories that express your personality and your love of other cultures. When traveling, you seek out unique objects that reflect what you love, and you use them in a sophisticated way. You want people to feel comfortable in your home, and cozy chairs, ethnic fabrics, unique pieces, and even a little touch of quirk or humor give your house a laid-back, Bohemian flair.

You value comfort. Your home is a warm and open friendly place, and you feel happiest when everyone is cared for and relaxed in your space. Elements like pillows, throws, overstuffed furniture, and good lighting set the mood. You may also enjoy layering different fabrics or mixing patterns to create a cozy effect."


Some of this sounds right, but the color pallet they gave me wasn't exactly my vibe. Fun quiz though.


Report back on your results. Do they fit your current style? Help you define your style? Or, did the results surprise you? Or, inspire you!

I want to know. Really!

4 comments:

Sunflower Ranch said...

It is a fun quiz! I scored "Glamorous Classic" which I never would have used to describe my furnishings. But I love it! Glamor is always good -- and coupled with classic and wow, that's pretty cool! Thanks for linking up to it! :D

designer, April Force Pardoe, said...

You're welcome. It is fun and sometimes that's what we need! Decorating doesn't have to be so serious.

FiddlersBride said...

What a fun quiz!
Mine said I was "Country Casual."

I agree with the casual part, but not sure about the country. Truth of the matter is, we have been in our house four years.. it's a lovely and I do love it, but we have yet to paint the rooms, strip the wallpaper, pick new furniture..you get the idea! The things to make it HOME. To me, it's an overwhelming process. Where does one even begin?
Love your blog!
Mary in Baltimore

designer, April Force Pardoe, said...

Mary, thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment.

Start with a style file (search my blog for a post on how to do that).

If you'd like some hands on help give me a call! I can help make the process easier.

Thanks again for reading the blog.