header

3.12.2010

mixing pillow patterns

I was very camera happy on my recent visit to The Washington Design Center. (See the lobby pictures here). I'm taking my time sharing my pictures so you'll keep coming back (there are more where these came from!).

We visited the Fabricut showroom and the daybed display in the entry was a happy gathering of beautiful pillows. The colors, the textures, the fringe, the shapes, the FABRICS...I had to restrain myself from diving in!

fabricut full daybed
{by focusing on oranges, greens and blues - with a touch of yellow - they created a lovely mix of patterns, sizes and textures}

fabricut pillows 2
{a close up of the splendor! notice the different trims, edges and closures.}

fabricut pillows 3
{in addition to sticking to a color group, varying the scale and pattern is key to mixing pillows. bold stripes with soft tone on tone patterns. lovely.}


Have fun mixing your pillows. Searching for the right mix can take time, but be patient — when you finally get the right mix it's worth it!

No comments: